- ½ cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 head of broccoli (stalks and all), chopped finely
- 10 pitted dates, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced (you can also substitute for red onion)
- ⅓ cup salted, roasted almonds, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons crushed red chilli flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, and cook the quinoa and broccoli together until the quinoa is light and fluffy (around 15 minutes). Drain and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, broccoli, dates, spring onions, almonds and red chilli flakes. Add several generous pinches of salt and toss to combine.
Add ¼ cup olive oil and lemon juice and toss to combine. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
Let the salad stand for about an hour to allow the flavours to absorb into the quinoa before serving.